Friday, June 24, 2011

God is a complete circle

I don't fully comprehend what the title of this post means but I am trusting that I will someday. Maybe you will too :-)

Mom is here and as always it is a joyous occasion. It's not joy as one might have when they are expecting their first child. It's a much quieter joy that makes the days great. We are on the verge of opening The Hope Chest (the date set is next Saturday the 1st of July which is July 4th weekend) and I am happy we are together as God has been laying on our hearts to be praying daily. The enemy is strong but he is a defeated foe! Amen. Nothing good happens in this world without God and thankfully He made a way through Christ for us to have the direct connect with Him of prayer. Isn't He amazing? Anyway, it's interesting to see how God has brought mom here on this weekend before opening instead of us going there. She said she knows it's a time of relaxation and renewal and in our experience He seems to do that before a new project. "I will take my children into the wilderness and there I will speak tenderly to them. I will restore their fruitfulness and turn their valley of trouble into a door of hope." Hosea 2:14-15a He is so very good to us.

I was reading through the first two posts of this blog about The Hope Chest and so many things are coming to mind. It feels like it's been a long journey. Only two years really but so much has happened and changed. It feels like the growth in our lives has been at the speed of light, which could only happen by God's grace. It took mom and I about 6 months to a year to recover from the hurt around not opening. And then another year to grow into this amazing sisters-in-Christ relationship we have. It's been utterly painful and absolutely beautiful and everything in between in that stretch. God is bringing to completion a number of things in our lives. I actually rejoined Tupperware, maybe to begin again more intelligently, maybe to be able to end in victory? Maybe just because while I was in I had a sense that this is what God made me for? I have no clue, but it feels so odd to have so many things coinciding. I left Tupperware as God was making the invitation to open The Hope Chest. That decision came after months of praying that God would change my heart about not wanting to do it anymore, and I believe I had given Him full access to my heart to do that, and He didn't. Then The Hope Chest didn't open and we were without a church home, which still I perceive as one of the worst times since I've become a Christian. And then we decided to join the Maranatha family the weekend we didn't open The Hope Chest. And now a sense for both Dennis and I of a new mission field. And the question came "Will we be leaving Maranatha too?" Thank you Father that you are always with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment