Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crazy Love

I finished reading a book called "Crazy Love - Overwhelmed by a Relentless God" by Francis Chan who is a pastor in California. It's the kind of book I think I'm done with and then I pick it up again and something resonates with me. It also reminds me of the church in Iowa. At the end of the book, Francis Chan talks about different people who have sacrificed in "crazy" ways to show others the love of Jesus Christ. He also talks about how his church gives away 55% of what they receive. It reminded me of the Gateway because they too are constantly in the community and I believe they give alot for such a young church. I'm impressed and encouraged. There are models all around for insane levels of giving of our time, our treasures and our talents!

No comments:

Post a Comment