Friday, July 13, 2018

I want to feel like what I'm doing matters

I want to feel like my life matters.  Like what I do is important.  And I don't.  Often.  The world says I matter if I run a company.  The world says I matter if I accomplish big things.  The world says I matter if I serve at church.  The world says I matter if I'm super mom and I look good and feel good and my house looks good and my children look good.  The world says I matter if I run marathons or I invent things.  The world says I matter if I have lots of money or a big house.  The world says..... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The Truth is that I matter because God gave me life.  He gave me a family to love and people to care for.  He gave me a heart that hurts for the hurting.  And He gave me friends to help along the way.  He Loved me into existence and sacrificed mightily to save me and keep me for Himself.  No other "god" has ever paid such a price.  Other supposed "gods" only take from us, including the god that we sometimes think we are.  They expect us to pay dearly for the privilege of their favor and they don't give unless we behave.  This God, my God, our God, gives and gives and gives and asks nothing in return but would love to be loved back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment