Sunday, January 31, 2010

He's Bigger than we ever imagine

I wanted to blog to tell a cool story of just how BIG our God is. He's shown me on a couple occassions lately that I can't even begin to imagine how BIG He is. I get little glimpses with the Holy Spirit's help.


I have a project due for a class where I've chosen to support some church planters through prayer, service, and financial gifts. I was sitting in the car alone about a month ago, waiting for Dennis and Faith so we could go to church. I was thinking about the church I'm supporting and wondering where the money would come from for my financial gift. We have a balanced budget -PRAISE GOD! But extras are not generally in it. In my head I was asking "Do we give from our normal offerings to our own church?" And then a strong thought (easiest way to describe the Holy Spirit's prompting in this case) was that maybe we'd get money from somewhere else for me to give. Proverbs 3:5 comes to mind right now. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" because I couldn't see how that might happen. Within what felt like just a single minute, my mom called and asked if I do any outside (meaning outside of our home) work anymore. She had bookkeeping she needed done and she wanted to pay me! God is sooooooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment