Sunday, September 15, 2013

Walking by Faith, not by sight

Faith and I stepped outside today to some glorious weather! It's March in Minnesota and it's currently 51 degrees. My initial reaction based on the temperature was that I didn't need a coat. It was so warm. When I looked around and saw a thick snow covering, my outlook changed and I suddenly felt the need for my coat. And I thought that to be very similar to our life in Christ. When we proceed with life based on what we see all around us, we can easily feel cold and in need. In fact we can get downright terrified and start to go under like Peter on the water after he asked Jesus to call him out of the boat. At one point after walking a ways he began looking around at the circumstances and started to sink.  So too it is with us when we look at the world around us and take our eyes off God.  Jesus said “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment